Tuesday, 26 August 2008

Logo's and Stamps.

Among other things I was finishing off the jug handles today, putting thumb stops on and stamping them. When I make big or more individual pots I don't just use the pottery stamp but also my Signature stamp (from my Signet ring.)
Some I give a face as a nod to the green man and the great German salt glazed bottles of old.

This is a slightly smaller tall jug that is in the showroom.

This is a picture that won a competition run by the local School it's a Logo for the Barcaldine Community Association and I was asked as a local artist to make it, "more usable". I'm sorry but I keep thinking of Madonna lying down for some reason.
But after I had sort of censored it a bit, this is what I came up with as Barcaldine is the Gaelic for place between the mountains and the sea I thought of Tolkien and Rivendell with a wee bit of Clarisse Cliff at the front, it's got some work to do but they seemed quite happy with it so far.


paul jessop said...

would you believe it i've just lost my PJ stamp I can't find it anyware.

Alan from Argyll Pottery said...

Hope you don't find it in your pug mill after it's been though!