Tuesday 26 August 2008

Logo's and Stamps.

Among other things I was finishing off the jug handles today, putting thumb stops on and stamping them. When I make big or more individual pots I don't just use the pottery stamp but also my Signature stamp (from my Signet ring.)
Some I give a face as a nod to the green man and the great German salt glazed bottles of old.


This is a slightly smaller tall jug that is in the showroom.


This is a picture that won a competition run by the local School it's a Logo for the Barcaldine Community Association and I was asked as a local artist to make it, "more usable". I'm sorry but I keep thinking of Madonna lying down for some reason.
But after I had sort of censored it a bit, this is what I came up with as Barcaldine is the Gaelic for place between the mountains and the sea I thought of Tolkien and Rivendell with a wee bit of Clarisse Cliff at the front, it's got some work to do but they seemed quite happy with it so far.




2 comments:

Paul Jessop said...

would you believe it i've just lost my PJ stamp I can't find it anyware.

Alan from Argyll Pottery said...

Hope you don't find it in your pug mill after it's been though!